Apex Taq RED Master Mix, 2X, 1.5mM MgCl2 (Final Conc.) - 500 Reactions/Unit
- Apex 2X RED Taq Master Mix, 1.5mM MgCl2 [Final Conc.] with ammonium buffer that promotes robust amplification, high yield and high specificity
- Optimized mix for specific PCR results - Just add template, primers and water for significantly reduced set-up time and reduced risk of contamination
- Contains Apex state-of-the-art thermostable recombinant DNA Polymerase that reliably processes up to 5kb with high product yield
- Exhibits 5' to 3 exonuclease activity and leaves a 3'dA overhang convenient for direct T-A cloning
- Inert red dye and stabilizer allow easy pipetting and direct loading onto your agarose gel for analysis
- Dye front runs at 300 - 1000 bp on 0.5 - 1.5 % agarose gel
- Multiple 1.25ml aliquot packaging prevents repetitive freeze-thaw cycles - mix is also stable refrigerated (4ºC) for at least 6 months without risk
- Total volume: 2.50ml (100 x 50µl Reactions)
Apex™ Taq Master Mixes are ready-to-use 2.0x reaction mixes. They contain Apex Taq DNA Polymerase, an Ammonium based Buffer System, Apex ultra pure dNTPs (>99%) and Magnesium Chloride. Simply add primers, template, and water to successfully carry out primer extension and other molecular biology applications. Master Mixes offer convenience and reproducibility as reactions can be set up with less pipetting steps. The number of reactions is based on using 25µl of the master mix for a final reaction volume of 50µl. If desired, the reaction size may be scaled down to a final volume of 20 or 25µl by using 10µl or 12.5µl of the master mix respectively.
Apex Taq DNA Polymerase possesses 5'-3' DNA polymerase activity and a double strand 5'-3' exonuclease activity. It leaves an 'A' overhang which makes it ideal for TA cloning. The robust nature of this enzyme means that Apex Taq can be used with little optimization.